Project 1.

Here we are, 7 weeks…8 weeks…9…a number of weeks into the course with just over 2 weeks now until Project 1 comes to an end!
I have learnt so much in such a short period. It has not been smooth sailing to say the least. Then again it oh so rarely is with my cloudy mind of doubts and panics.
Today has been a good day. (It was also a pyjama day.)

Project 1 is a typical rectangular(ish) terrace house back garden. The client, who loves her roses and wildlife, felt the garden was too straight.



After the site visit and reading through the clients brief I put together a mood board.


The next stage, after creating a scale drawing of the garden, was to create a design. After throwing many shapes around the space and not making life easy for myself, I managed to come up with something I am really please with.



The next step is now the most crucial to get right of all. The planting scheme! Teaching hasn’t quite taken us that far yet but I’ve ideas bouncing around and I hope to whizz up a couple of watercolour designs in the next day or so.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s